HYPERPRO-Exchange Spring Combi Kit Yamaha XT-660ZA ABS Tenere 2011
Set of linear-progressive front fork springs and a linear-progressive shock spring.
The coiling for the XT-660ZA ABS Tenere springs is linear-progressive, that means that the progression increases continuously (linearly). Both the range and the extensive test programme using a computer-operated test-bench which simulates the hardest driving situations guarantee that, in combination with the series spring elements, you are driving the optimal solution for your Tenere !
HYPERPRO-Forksprings distinguish themselves by their continuous increase of the spring rate (Link-System Curve) in the whole range.
They have been especially developed and tested for the XT-660Z. The manufacturing process has been made perfect: First-class, high-alloyed chrome-silicon-steel is used exclusivley. It is nearly tolerance freely coiled on computer-operated machines. The manufacturing is carried out according to DIN 2095. At the end, the outside of the springs is polished in order to achieve a minimal friction value.
Of course, the forkspring sets are delivered with a TÜV-Certificate.
The fork springs are delivered with 1 liter fork oil!
The optimal solution constitute the Hyperpro Fork and Shock Spring Sets.
For the first time, an especially aligned spring set can be delivered. It brings out the best in the series spring elements. Optimally aligned, the fork springs and the shock spring offer the greatest plus in comfort and driving safety.
The rear springs comes standard with black color - on request also avaiable in purple color.
Why progressive springs?
Using a linear, "normal" standard spring, all turns of the spring get loaded with the same weight at the same time. Imagine a spring with 10 turns at intervals of 1 cm - if you push the spring down 1 cm it shortens 1 cm, thus, the intervals between the single turns shorten to 0.9 cm.
Using a two-step spring, half of the coils have a shorter interval. When the spring is compressed, the intervals shorten. At a certain point, the coils of the closer turns contact.
- The spring "blocs" and stiffens. Now, only the turns with a greater interval keep working. The suspension comfort and the vehicle response drop rapidly.
Unfortunately, one needs more than 2 steps for driving because the powers occur progressively. That means, hardly any powers are needed to let the spring deflect. Though, the higher the power which affect the carriage, the more antagonising power of the spring. The result is a n essentially improved drivability, an improved braking action (because the front does not descend as much), an increased stability - and thus, an overall improved driving safety.
Scope of Delivery:
- Forks springs
- Shock spring purple or black, colour to choose
- Detailed mounting Instruction
- 1 Liter matching fork oil SAE 10
- Paste to improve glide characteristics of fork tubes
- Set-Up Informationen
- Yamaha XT-660ZA ABS 2011
- also avaiable for the 2012-2015 models (see different set)
- does NOT fit Yamaha XT-660Z (without ABS)!
Shipping Cost Estimation
OFF-THE-ROAD supply adventure-proven products to customers virtually anywhere in the world.
Last year we shipped orders to customers in more than 70 different countries.
To calculate the shipping costs for the item above:
- Choose the number of items / variant above.
- Scroll down and choose your country in the menue below.
- Click 'Estimate'.
- Estimated shipping cost to the country of your choice are displayed.
To calculate your shipping cost for a whole shopping basket:
- Put the items into your shopping basket using the 'To cart' symbol.
- Select 'Display cart '(Basket icon) or go to shopping basket.
- Scroll down and follow the instructions 'Shipping cost estimation'.
If you are ordering from outside the European Community (EU), all German tax (19%) will be removed.
To calculate the total cost without tax and including shipping, switch to the shopping basket.